WP7 Mango has arrived… Part 3 (settings)

Lots of new settings for Mango. Its quite a huge improvement to me, and it looks like Microsoft has been listening to users’ feedback. I sure hope they finalize Mango and release the production version soon. In case you are curious what phone I’m running Mango on, take a look below :)

info info

Contrary to what a lot of folks may say, you can indeed upgrade the LG Panther to Mango. Its a great device and I really like the keyboard

web marketplace voice

In the speech settings, you can set the phone to read out your incoming SMS. The cool thing about this is that you can actually reply back the SMS by talking to the phone. How about that for a total handsfree operation. It also looks like Microsoft is getting its Web Marketplace ready.

keyboard language

You can have multiple language now, instead of just English, and you can also change the keyboard settings.

ringtones battery

The camera shutter sound can now finally be shut off. There is also settings for battery savings, since it can use up more battery with apps running in the background.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 Responses to “WP7 Mango has arrived… Part 3 (settings)”

1. How did you get your panther to update. My Panther is running 7003 is yours running 7004? If you could link me to the steps for the update it would be greatly appreciated.

• Adi says:

Hi, my panther is also running 7003. I was able to get it updated to 7004, with the help of my local developer evangelist from Microsoft. He has this command prompt program which he runs, to flash it to 7004. Apparently, Microsoft has the 7004 build for even the Samsung Taylor. Once my Panther is at 7004, updating it all the way to nodo, then mango, is pretty straight forward.

2. SamT says:

> Apparently, Microsoft has the 7004 build for even the Samsung Taylor.

I was searching the web for such ROM file with no luck so far … does anyone know where I can find it?

• Adi says:

Hi Sam, as previously mentioned, you will need to go back to the developer evangelist who gave you the phone. I don’t think its publicly made available on the internet and even then, you will need the special tools to flash the rom.

3. Any chance you could post the command prompt program that updates to 7004? Or maybe even give me the email address of the evangelist that you talked to so that I could get the executable that updates to 7004.

• Adi says:

Not too sure what the commands are but I can check for you.

• Nevin says:

Thanks that would be greatly appreciated.

• Thanks, it would be greatly appreciated. I am sure it is a small executable. I have been trying to udate this thing for a long time.

• Nicholas says:

Hello,

I also have a GW910 at home, and have been looking everywhere for a way to upgrade it to 7004 so that it can then be upgraded further.

I would be very gratefull (I might even make a donation) if you could let me know what I have to do to upgrade from 7003 to 7004 (and then further).

My direct e-mail address is nicholas at cro55 dot lu (please change the two 5′s to s’s)

MANY thanks in advance.